Tuesday 28 July 2015

First steps taken

Joy! I ran my first gentle run yesterday evening. About 6 km and I held back on pace, keeping myself around 7 min/km for most of the track session. I had the most wonderful (soulful) experience running with Bronwynne and we chatted and just had a great session. It was wonderful to work up some sweat. I am back. Slow, very gently, but I am back at running.

Running with Bron reminded me again just how amazing the bonds are we create with our fellow runners. We share something special, because running makes you vulnerable. It's like when you run, your heart and soul is more visible or closer to the surface. I love running. I did not care that I was slow yesterday. I did not mind not running and pushing. I am so grateful to just be. So maybe sometimes an injury is there to remind me to be grateful to just be able to be out there. To remind me to be humble in my running and to put my life and my struggles in perspective.

Lesson noted and taken to heart. I am running with (and for) my heart and my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment