Tuesday 16 June 2015

Note to self

For this year's Youth Day I decided to just breathe. It's something I don't do often enough. It's always such a mad rush and sometimes self-inflicted. The day started with a beautiful run with the Boskruin Group. We just kind of slotted in and had one of those really enjoyable runs. Saw the sun come up. Chilly morning, but not icy. Just lovely. Reminded me what I like about running. Body is just ticking over and one is out with good people, no stress, just enjoying life. Two weeks ago we ran Comrades and now we have to move on, find new goals, enjoy our running. If feels less like work again, more like a passion. Last year we came back so broken, I just gave up until September. So far this year's wind-down after Comrades has been really nice. A week of total rest, then we had 3 gentle runs during week 2, and today we did 15km, basically the start of week 3. The legs feel okay and the best thing is the joy, the joy is back! I am so blessed.

Just breathe...

So I am sitting in front of the heater with the two puppies (I know, people look at us funny when we call them monsters puppies, but if you raised a puppy (even a big dog), they stay babies in your mind). The puppies are perfecting their afternoon nap techniques, whilst I am playing my entire iTunes music collection via my Bluetooth connection from my iPhone (don't you just love technology). I love listening to good music, drinking Nespresso and relaxing, doing things on my computer I never get time to do normally. No where to go. Nobody in my office. An entire day to my own devices. And the public holiday sort of crept up on me this year so I made no plans apart from this morning's run. Nothing to do but breathe.

Note to self: I should do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment