Wednesday 15 October 2014

Worth a good listen - Prof Ken Sikaris on cholesterol et al

In my ongoing quest to learn more and better understand the science of LCHF dieting, I have become quite the YouTube fan as well. So many conferences are being held that we are not able to attend and now we don't have an excuse anymore. I am fine with not always understanding the technicalities of all the medical stuff, but some things I am trying to internalize quite well in order to be sure I can discuss these things logically when challenged by my GP. The information is out there.

Although I got the basic understanding re the cholesterol issue, mostly from my readings thus far, I still felt a bit "iffy" on the how to discuss this with my GPs. I am still being told by my GPnthat my total cholesterol is dangerous and too high. What I have learnt, and please listen to this video, is that the tests and interpretation thereof is out of date. I now know what to test for, and what it means! I have always had "high" total cholesterol, but have never taken drugs, my gut has always been that there are too many conflicting discussions without conclusion. I have learnt, that doctors are just humans and few of them question what they were taught. I have no qualms about my beliefs. LCHF is the right way to go for me - apart from my medical history, I also think it is glaringly the better way to live. No sugar for me thanks. Bring on the eggs and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment