Thursday 31 January 2013

Recovery

My first event for 2013! We swam the Roode1000 on Sunday 27 January. I almost panicked the first 250m because suddenly I realised, I have not trained properly for 8 weeks and now suddenly I am attempting an open water swim! A year ago, I did not even regard myself as a swimmer. So I breastroke-ed the race and made it in 27min50s. Not being the swimmer in the family is a bit of a challenge but at least I did it and I was not last :-).
Our next event is still to be determined, but is seems we may forego climbing Killy this year and rather go on a 4x4 trip to Botswana this year. A new and exciting dream to plan for. 

And as of this week, I am back at work. After 6 weeks of being away, I can't say I was enthusiastic to return. I do enjoy my area of work, but like most people once you get involved in the management of a group of people and a business unit, a lot of the joy is lost. I am starting the year off by trying to write a few papers and thinking about stuff. Strategise.

We are planning our training programme for the marathon and will start next week actively managing the running. In addition, swimming will steadily continue and we started a weekly Pilates class. For balance and core strength. So far we love it and I sleep very well Monday nights. And although the dieting is a slow and painful process, we are chipping away at the fat. After 3 weeks of diligence I have lost 1200 grams. Just need to keep up the good work. Focus. Strategise. In the meantime, I hope our next adventure is just around the corner.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment